Thursday, November 25, 2010

and He shall give you the desires of your heart...

Mark 11:23-26 says:
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

When I read this verse I was amazed. When we have faith we *can* move mountains! If I desire something and my heart is right with the Lord then He will give it to me as long as I believe...He loves us and as our Heavenly Father He does not wish to withhold anything! Faith is something I believe we all struggle with, when we have our heart set on something but that something does not happen right away, it is hard to keep on believing it will happen. What if it doesn't happen? What if it isn't God's will? Why aren't I getting an answer? I have found that when I don't get a definite answer about something it is because a) it isn't God's time yet b) He is still working on it c) He doesn't want us to know yet, or d) His answer is no. If it isn't His will then I believe that [as the verse says "He will give us the desires of our heart" (You know, it is mentioned too much in the Bible to not be true, besides God always keeps His word)] if something we desire isn't in God's will then He will change that desire to fit His will. This in itself is an answer to prayer. I pray that if something you are desiring isn't coming to pass and you aren't getting a clear answer then you will be assured that His will is perfect and that all will come to pass in time for He is in control! Keep faith!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you all see the pics ok? They seem to not be showing up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true..good thoughts!! <3

    ReplyDelete